The following is a list of Power Types in order to help categorize the Power Base accordingly - please be sure to categorize your power into the relevant Power Type:- please do NOT add new Power Types to this list without admin approval.
abilities that are only used by specific characters - also known as "Techniques" (for example "Misery's Stare" or "Hearts of Darkness" etc)
- Misery Stare (unique to Misery, variants have been seen in beings born of Misery)
States are abilities that put a character into an altered-existence (for example astral-projection etc)
- Incarnation (physical manifestations of otherworldly beings)
- Manifestation (ethereal manifestations of otherworldly beings)
- Astral Projection (travelling via the astral-plane)
any abilities that are designed for the purpose of travel rather than defense or offense (for example flight etc)
- Stellar Flight (ability to fly in space)
- Winged Flight (ability to fly via wings)
- True Flight (ability to fly without external aid)
any abilities which require range in order to be effective - such as bolts, beams, bullet-type attacks and so forth.
abilities designed to absorb rather than cause damage or protect oneself and/or ones allies from harm.
Abilities designed to deal damage to opponents - the exact opposite of a Defensive Ability.
Abilities that require close-range in order to be effective - the exact opposite of a Ranged Ability.
Abilities which feeds off cosmic or spiritual energy rather than more traditional magic or inborn abilities.
Abilities powered by mystical energies - whether they be Light (benefitial), Dark (harmful) or Grey (neutral) in origin.
- Magikinesis (ability to naturally absorb / control mystic energy)
- Omni-Magic (ability to master most forms of magic at will)
- Malefic (mastery of the "dark arts" (curses etc) )
Abilities that deal with manipulating living cells or organic matter.
- Biokinesis (ability to manipulate the biological world)
- Superhuman Strength (ability to display inhuman physical strength)
Abilities that call upon the power of elements (both the traditional "four elements" of legend and exotic elements)
- Pyrokinesis (ability to manipulate / generate heat and flame)
- Terrakinesis (ability to manipulate seismic phenomena)
- Hydrokinesis (ability to manipulate / generate water and liquid)
- Aerokinesis (ability to manipulate / generate air and weather)